Baking, making and all things creative!!
Ms. O Leary is the Home-Economics Teacher. As well as preparing for exams, students learn how to cook, be safe in home, care for the home and general life skills. The Home-Economics class is aimed at providing practical , personal and social skills to the children in the school .
Busy Doing the Landry
Students Learn Life Skill and how to manage the home
Let’s get crafty with nature and leaves
- We are so inspired by the seasons.
- Autumn is the perfect time to do some leaf rubbings and decorate trees.
Mother's Day and Patrick's Day Crafts
Student’s made their crafts by reusing and recycling materials
Choose Your Healthy Breakfast
After a night’s sleep you need fuel – a good breakfast to prepare you for the day ahead.
Students were learning all about choosing a healthy breakfast .
Having a good breakfast helps to fill you up and feel satisfied . This prevents snacking on sugary foods throughout the day
Setting the Breakfast Table
Science Week in Home Economics
Students learned all about Kitchen Chemistry. They learned about
1.Surface tension in Tie – Dye Milk
2.Sink or Swim – How different liquids have different densities
3.They saw the magic of how plastic can be pierced with pencils and still not leak
4.They made a volcano to see how raising agents work
Choosing and Designing a Home
- Students are learning all about Choosing and Designing a Home.
- Firstly, they examined the different types of houses in Ireland, then they looked at houses from around the world and how they are made to suit the climate of that country.
- Currently we are looking at the importance of the work triangle and lighting in the kitchen to add atmosphere and brightness.
- To familiarise themselves with lots of key words, they are putting all their work in a scrap book.